Submarine chaser SC 164 was built at Howard E. Wheeler shipyard in Brooklyn, New York, and commissioned on 23 March, 1918. Sc 164 served overseas, from Base 6 (Queenstown), and after the war in minesweeping operations in the North Sea.
In this set:
- SC 164 in Inverness. Collection of Edgar T. Spencer Jr., lovingly submitted by his daughter, Carolyn Gladys Spencer.
- SC 164 on the ways. Courtesy of Larry Messmer.
- SC 164 and other chasers. Collection of the National WWI Museum [image 1982.98.69].