Hull Number: SC 248

Submarine chaser SC 248 was built at Eastern Shipyard in Greenport, NY, and was commissioned on 17 January 1918. SC 248 was assigned to Base 25, Corfu, Greece, and participated in the Otranto Barrage. This was one of a small number of chasers sold to Italy after the war.

Thanks to Don Peteya for submitting the photographs to The Subchaser Archives

Photo Set - click to view large versions: 
SC 248
SC 248
SC 248